The concept of extending the battery life of a vape pen depends on multiple factors. In this blog, you will get to know the top 10 tips you can implement to do so
After a difficult day at work and putting up with obnoxious people, you’re about to relax when your vape pen battery fails. Furthermore, you hadn’t even used it that day! You only smoked a few puffs and the stupid gadget lost power right in front of you. Well, before commenting on the battery life of your vape pen, let’s say you are not the only one facing this. Most individuals struggle to acquire a long-lasting battery for their vaporizers.
They neglect maintenance and proper care, which leads to an e-juice vape pen croaking and dying much earlier than it ought to. It’s simply one of those things. However, it doesn’t have to be this way for you. Hence, we have come up with the top 10 tips which you can use and implement to extend the battery life of your vape pens. They are as follows:
- Abide by charging instructions – Whatever vape kit you already own, it came with a set of charging instructions. These vary depending on the manufacturer. Avoid making assumptions about them as a result. Go over the guidelines. They will provide you with all the information you require regarding the battery’s capacity (e.g., is it a 400 mAh or a 2000 mAh battery), voltage (how much power and energy it can generate), as well as whether you should only use the included charger and how to prevent a short circuit.
- Avoid overcharging – Damage from overcharging can affect both the vape pen and it’s battery life. And it can increase the risk of a short circuit in your e-cigarette battery. Simply remembering that you plugged your battery in before leaving it plugged in for the night will dramatically increase its lifespan. There are intelligent chargers available that will reduce the energy consumption when on full, but it’s always a good idea to double check.
- Always leave some charge in it – When it comes to battery charge, you should steer clear of both the highs and the lows. In other words, plug in your electronic cigarette when it’s between 25% and 30% full rather than waiting until the last minute. The majority of users don’t adhere to this piece of advice, which is why their long-term vape only lasts for about two weeks on average. No matter which brand you use, the best thing you can do is to leave a tiny bit of charge in a built-in battery. By doing this, you can considerably increase the battery life.
- Avoid charging it fully all the time – This is one of the main aspects related to any vape pen. Most lithium ion batteries operate more effectively when not stretched too thin. When charged to capacity, they may experience high voltage stress. The major reason you shouldn’t strain them is because of this.
- Utilize your vaporizer frequently – Of course, if you don’t use your vaporizer every day, you risk harming its capacity to retain a charge. Your battery’s durability will also be impacted by this. Therefore, strive to regularly exercise your unit, even if it’s just for a short while each day.
- When not in use, turn off your vape – By this, we don’t mean to put it in sleep mode either. In other words, if you’re not using it, push the power button and turn it off. The worst setting is sleep. Off is best, so press the power button.
- Store them safely – Batteries are not really fussy, you see. They do, however, like rational environments. This entails no extremely hot temperatures, below-freezing temperatures, or other kinds of extreme temperatures as well as no dirt or sunshine. The key here is a cool location without intense heat that is dry and moisture-free. Keep your vape pen in a case if you plan to carry it with you. Additionally, watch out not to let any liquid spills or moisture touch it. If this occurs, be sure to wipe all the contact points and the USB connection well with a cotton swab (or threads if you have a 510 thread battery). The performance of your vaporizer will suffer if you don’t use that Q-Tip to go into all the cracks and crevices and remove the oils, liquids, and debris that are there.
- Charge before taking a break – The best option is to store your e-cigarette battery charged but not overcharged if you don’t intend to use it for a long. Storing an empty built-in battery can result in internal chemistry breakdown, harming the health of your device and reducing battery power and functionality. This should not be kept around for too long. As we previously stated, you cannot use a vaporizer battery for prolonged periods of time in order to increase its lifespan.
- Use the original charger – Use the charger that came with the e-cig for the longest battery life possible. This is because you can be sure that it is giving the proper quantity of power in that situation, which won’t endanger the battery’s health. The charger is always included in a vape kit from high-quality manufacturers.
- Protect the threads and charging ports from damage – When connecting to and unplugging from a charger, exercise caution. Your best bet is to be extremely attentive when doing it because, in contrast to other electrical devices, the ports on an e-cig battery are quite sensitive. With repeated use, these ports will undoubtedly deteriorate, but my recommendation is to keep an eye on it so you can delay this degradation as long as you can and take advantage of your vape setup’s improved performance.
And that will be it. We are confident that following these top 10 tips will help you in extending the battery life of your vape pen. In addition, if you are planning to buy the best vape pens available in the market, head to Vape Gear and choose from an exclusive product range for an ultimate vaping experience.